The City of Cockburn uses CCTV to monitor and record activity in the area. The cameras are installed at various locations through the City. Footage can only be released to Police upon request.
CCTV supports the City of Cockburn in security management and community safety by:
- Detecting that something is occurring in a particular field of interest
- Recognising exactly what is happening
- Identifying who (if possible) is involved in the activity.
CCTV is currently operated in the following areas:
- Coogee Beach - Coogee
- Surf Life Saving Club - Coogee
- Coolbellup Hub/Len Packham Clubrooms - Coolbellup
- Cockburn Youth Centre - Success
- City of Cockburn Administration Building - Spearwood
- Cockburn Integrated Health and Community Facility - Success
- Port Coogee Marina - North Coogee
- Caledonia Loop Car Park - North Coogee
- Cockburn Central - Cockburn Central
- South Lake Leisure Centre - South Lake
The City has support technology for community safety, including:
- An Electronic Display Trailer
- Mobile Ranger/Parking Compliance Vehicles
- Rapid Deployment Kit - used in conjunction with WAPOL at prime hot spot locations
- Mobile covert camera - used in conjunction with WA Police and the City's internal departments.
The footage captured from cameras may only be released to the Police upon request.
Please contact the City’s Rangers and Community Service Team for more information on 08 9411 3444 or email email@example.com.